Shree Charbhujaji Mandir, Garhbor, Rajasthan
|Date built:||1444 AD|
|Address:||Tehsil, Mandir Choraha Kumbhalgarh, Garhbor, Rajasthan 313333|
Charbhuja is a famous temple of the lord Vishnu in the Garhbor village in the Kumbhalgarh tehsil of Rajsamand district in the state of Rajasthan, India. Charbhuja is another name of the lord Vishnu due to his four hands.
The temple was built in 1444AD. According to the inscription inside the temple, village name was Badri, therefore, the idol is considered as BadriNath. The deity of Charbhuja Nath is considered to be miraculous.
The idol of Shri Charbhuja Ji is 85 centimeters high. The four arms of the idol hold conch, discus, mace and a lotus flowers. The discus and the mace symbolize dynamic power, energy and prowess. Some castes like Brahmins, Rajputs and Gurjars hold a special reverence for this temple. Rajputs attribute a sword and shield as symbol of Rajput chivalry in every darshan.
The temple is made by mirrors, Lime mortars and Marble. The excellent work of the mirror is done in the original temple. The shutters of the inner temple are made of gold while outer shutters are made of silver. Garud ji is installed in the other courtyard. Stone elephants are placed on the both sides of the entrance. Temple is in the open space. The temple is visited by thousands of pilgrims.
Legend / Local stories
Charbhuja is a renowned temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu and it is located in the Garbhor village based in Kumbhalgarh tehsil of Rajsamand district in Rajasthan, India. This temple has a long lineage of myths and folklore attached to it. It is believed to be one of the most famous spots of Lord Vishnu devotees and is reckoned an epic centre of the Vaishnava cult. It is also believed that the temple and its deity was also worshipped by the Pandavas.
Charbhuja which means one who has four arms,which refers to Lord Vishnu. It has also been suggested that the idol was also worshipped during the Dwapar age. As legends would have it, many battles have been fought from time to time to protect this temple and many times it has been immersed in the water for protection from enemies.The temple was built in the year 1444 AD. Inscriptions inside the temple suggest that the village at that point was known as badri, hence the temple was considered to be the temple of Badrinath or Lord Vishnu. As legends indicate, the idol of this temple is truly miraculous. This idol is 85 cm high. The four arms of the idol hold conch shell, mace, Lotus and discus. The temple is made out of mirrors, marble and also Lime Mortars. Garud ji is installed in the external courtyard of the temple. The temple was built by Shri Gang dev on the divine instructions that he had received in his dreams.
How to Reach:
One can reach this temple through the railway network. One of the nearest railway station will be on the Chaturbhuja road itself. The other convenient rail track is the one at Falna. The distance between Charbhuja and Falna is that of 60 km. One can also take the road route from Gomti cross Road.