The temple is located in Imphal at Brahmpur Guru Aribam Leikai, on the banks of the Imphal River. The temple was patronised by King Charairongba and built in the year 1704 AD. The temple is built in bricks.
It is given a thick cement coating from outside. The pedestal is raised in three layers of bricks. A sound panel of flying staircases in the south facing facade matches the sturdy structure of the temple base.
The sanctum cube and the porch walls separately support the dome like hemispherical roof. The porch dome is shorter in height. The surface of the dome is decorated withthe floral motifs.
Above the floral motifs it is shaped in to a short neck to rest the circular crown. The crown further carries two kalasas placed one above the other. The pinnacle above the top vase also carries a Nilachakra.
The internal sanctum is interconnected to the porch hall through a small door.The porch hall is divided in to two chambers partitioned by an iron folding door. The porch door opens outside leading to the staircases.
The artistic importance of the temple is that there are different idols of Lord Krishna showing different events from his childhood to adult stage.