Sanskrit is a language of ancient India with a history going back about 3,500 years. It is the primary liturgical language of Hinduism; the predominant language of most works of Hindu philosophy as well as some of the principal texts of Buddhism and Jainism.
1. Phonetics: The swaras and vyanjanas are organized based on how the voice is produced by the respiratory system and the organs of the mouth that interact to produce that sound.
Eg Dental: त थ द ध न
Bilabial: प फ ब भ म
2. Grammar: The grammar is mostly mathematical, hence consistent, intutive and with minimal exceptions. No wonder it’s the ideal language to program in. I’m not saying this, it’s a scientific fact.
3. Script: Though it is now written in various scripts, but the Devnagri script, which is most followed, has helped derive numerous other alphabets.
4. Vocabulary: I’ll skim over this as you’d be well aware of a lot of common English words that have a Sanskrit root.
5. Historical Significance: Be it scriptures or religious writings, it is the oldest language recorded. Sadly, it needs to be revived.