|Date built:||9 October 1828|
Swaminarayan had installed the idols in this temple on 9 October 1828. Gopinath and Harikrishna in the middle shrine, Dharma and Bhakti and Vasudeva on the western shrine and Revti-Baldevji, Shri Krishna and Suryanarayan in the eastern shrine. The idol of harikrushna has physique as same as lord Swaminarayan.
Legend / Local stories
The land for constructing this temple in Gadhada, was donated by the court of Dada Khachar in Gadhada. Shri Dada Khachar and his family were devotees of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan. The temple was made in the courtyard of his own residence. The temple work was planned and executed directly under the consultation and guidance of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan. Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan overviwed the construction and also helped with the manual service in the construction of the temple, by lifting stones and mortar. This shrine has two stories and three domes. It is adorned with carvings
Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan had installed the idols in this temple on the October 9, 1828, Gopinathji Maharaj and Harikrishna Maharaj in the middle, Dharmdev and Bhaktimata and Vasudevanarayan on the western side and Revti-Baldevji, Shri Krishna and Suryanarayan in the eastern temple.
Besides the idols installed by Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan himself, the temple is a place of many memories of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan. On the path of the worship circuit of the inner temple, there is the idol of Ghanshyam Maharaj facing northward. This prasadi temple has prasadi items of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan displayed in a museum at the temple.
On the southern side of the temple, there is a big margosa tree (neem tree) and the chamber of Lord Vasudevanarayan. Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan gave several discourses at that place. The court of Dada Khachar has been preserved in its original form.
On the backside, there is the Akshar Oradi temple and Gangajalio well. Lakshmiwadi (place of cremation of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan) is situated a little away from the town. At Lakshmiwadi, a single dome temple has been constructed at the place of the funeral rituals of Shri Hari’s mortal remains. Slightly away, there is one canopy where Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan used to sit and deliver the discourses, and just a little ahead, there is the room of Nishkulanand Swami, where he placed the palanquin prepared by him for Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan’s last journey. A neem tree faces this place, and on its western side, there is one more canopy where Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan celebrated ‘Sharadotsava.’
Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan and his saints used to take a bath in the River Ghelo. This river flows in the south side of the temple. There are prasadi river-beds – Narayan Dharo and Sahasra Dharo which Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan visited frequently. There are small temples of Neelkanth Mahadev and Lord Hanuman on the bank of the river. Both these places are prasadi places of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan.
How to Reach: