Sri Sri Swapneswar Dev Temple at Sankhamerilies on northern side of River Mahanadi built by BalabhadraMangaraj the King of BadambaGadajat in between 1690 AD to 1734 AD. This village Sankhamari was also the first village of BadambaGadajat and was established by Sri Hatta Kishore, the first King of BadambaGadajat on 1305 AD. The attraction of the temple is that the snake bite patients are cured through worshipping and dharana near Lord Shiva.
Legend / Local stories
How to Reach:
Nearest Airport is Bhubaneswar Airport- 117 Km
Nearest Railway Station is Cuttack- 87 Km
By bus from Cuttack to Badamba – 81kms and from Badamba to Sankhamari – 6kms to be travelled by hired auto.